Halloween Waffle-Iron S’mores (S’moreffles) Recipe
Can you turn leftover Halloween candy into something that you might serve at the table as dessert? Yes, and this dish for Halloween S’moreffles (s’mores waffles) is the proof.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup white entire wheat flour (see note)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup securely packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Pinch of cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced Halloween sweets (see note)
- Preheat waffle iron. (If it has temperature controls, set it at medium.) Coat both sides of waffle iron grid with nonstick spray.
- In a blending bowl, integrate both flours, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. It will be much thicker than common waffle batter, however not as thick as bread dough.
- Procedure out about 1/4 cup of batter and location it on one section of waffle iron. Close cover and cook until the waffles are still somewhat soft but prepared throughout, about 3 minutes.
- Completely remove waffles from waffle iron.
- Leading one waffled graham cracker with a layer of chopped sweets, leaving room around the edges for sweets to melt and spread out outside. Enable waffled graham cracker to sit for a minute and sweets to melt somewhat, then press sweets into waffle with the back of a fork to compress it. Leading with a second waffle and place the s’ moreffle in the waffle iron on the side furthest from hinge.
Note: This dish requires white whole wheat flour, which is a lighter, softer variation of traditional whole wheat flour. The somewhat nutty taste really delivers the graham cracker taste. You might substitute all-purpose flour, but don’t replace conventional whole wheat flour or the outcome will be too dense. If your waffle iron makes thicker waffles, you may choose to make an “open-face s’ moreffle” by giving up the top layer, setting the assembled s’ moreffle in the waffle iron, and holding the lid just above the candy for a minute to melt it. (If you’re daring, you can close the cover, but it might get messy.) For correct s’mores impact, choose some chocolate sweet, together with anything that contains marshmallow and/or nougat (plus whatever else you feel like tossing in there).
Read more: Make S’mores In Your Waffle Iron With Halloween Candy